Slurry Seal is the most versatile and cost effective way to preserve and protect your paving investment over time. The application of slurry seal will significantly extend the life of existing pavements by protecting the undersurface from the effects of aging and the environment. Even the best surfaces are subject to the wear and tear caused by traffic, weather and time. NO SURFACE IS PERMANENT.
By undertaking a program of planned pavement maintenance, considerable savings in rehabilitation costs may be achieved. Your pavement surface will remain sound, usable and safe. In addition, extensive downtime needed to repair potholes or reconstruct the pavement will be greatly reduced or eliminated. A slurry seal for nearly any need or condition can be custom designed to satisfy the most difficult requirements.
Type I (#200x1/8") Fine aggregate mixtures are used for maximum crack penetration and sealing in low-density/low-wear traffic areas.
Type II (#200x1/4") General aggregates are the most commonly used and are widely employed where moderate-to-heavy traffic is found. They seal, correct moderate-to-severe raveling, oxidation and loss of matrix, and improve skid resistance.
Type III (#200x3/8") Coarse aggregate corrects severe surface conditions - preventing hydroplaning and providing skid resistance under very heavy traffic loads.
Advantages of Slurry Seal:
- Most versatile pavement treatment system available
- Extremely cost effective
- Extends life of existing pavement by protecting it from oxidation and deterioration
- Provides a durable, all-weather, dust-free, non-bleeding surface
- Ready for use just hours after application
- Improves skid resistance and road handling characteristics without hazardous loose chips
- Fills cracks, voids and provides black color and texture in a single pass
- Economical solution to preserving problem pavements